Miss Ella: The Film and The Book
Ella Brennan passed away on May 31, 2018. She was beloved to us all and will continue to inspire us daily to be the best that we can be. Immerse yourself in her story: the feature-length documentary and book about Ella Brennan.
2016 Best Book Award nominated! The autobiography of one of the most influential restaurant pioneers of her time is now available! Buy your copy of Miss Ella of Commander's Palace: I Don't Want a Restaurant Where a Jazz Band Can't Come Marching Through in our restaurants and online at commanderspalace.com.
The film Ella Brennan: Commanding the Table debuted October 14th at The New Orleans Film Festival, where it took home the Audience Award for Spotlight Film: Best Documentary. The film is now available on Apple TV and on DVD from our website. View the film teaser here.
Ella Brennan, “Miss Ella,” changed the way America eats. At age 18 she went to work at her brother’s bar on Bourbon street. The New Orleans dining scene had no idea what was about to hit it. Turns out one of America’s greatest business coaches is a woman. And her field is a restaurant. But it could have been anywhere.
This is the Great American Story.
- Food Republic How Ella Brennan Shaped New Orleans Dining To What It Is Today
- New Times SLO SLO International Film Festival: Taste Buds Dinner and a Movie
- Miami Dade College Miami Film Festival at Historic MDC's Tower Theater
- MIAbites Food + Film: Ella Brennan documentary at Miami Film Festival
- My New Orleans Read and Spin
- 5280 Magazine, 5 Places to Celebrate Mardi Gras in Denver
- 303 Magazine, Everything You Need to Know for the Boulder Film Festival 2017
- Westword Magazine The 21 Best Events in Denver
- New Orleans Living Magazine The Dish
- Commanding the Table earns Audience Award, Spotlight Film: Documentary at the New Orleans Film Festival
- Miami New Times Miami Film Festival Unveils Selections by Women Directors, Google Seminar Series
- Shoot Online Women Directors To Be Featured At MDC’s Miami Film Festival
- Flavors Great Culinary and Entertaining Reads
- Advice Sisters The Best Books for Gifting, Getting and Collecting
- IMDB ‘Ella Brennan: Commanding The Table’ Docu About Restaurant Icon Lands Deal
- Irish Film Critic Octagon And Cargo Film & Releasing Handle Worldwide Sales For Leslie Iwerks’ Documentary “Ella Brennan: Commanding The Table”
- VIMOOZ 2017 Miami Film Festival to Feature Films Directed by Women
- Tasting Table 5 Books About Food That Will Feed Your Mind
- iHeart Radio The Connected Table Live