The Commander’s Covid Courtesy
Masks are required and we will be taking contactless temperatures upon arrival.
We miss hugging and we have missed you; we’ve missed our team and being back together is exactly where we want to be. Welcome back to Commander’s Palace! As we get back to our eating, drinking, and carrying on, we must acknowledge that things are a little different now. So, we are asking that you make the following commitment along with us to ensure that we can continue to make forward progress towards the other side of our current reality.
- Our pledge is that all guests wear a mask as you enter the restaurant and while walking around the building. This includes walking back and forth to your table, while using the restroom, while saying hello to a nearby table of some friends you haven’t seen in a while and while exiting the restaurant. Disposable masks, cloth masks and scarves are all acceptable. Mardi Gras masks likely won’t fit the bill, but hey – you can wear one of those too along with your protective mask if you’d like.
- If you arrive without a mask, do not worry! We are happy to provide one for you.
- We will have a designated area outside of the restaurant where we will be taking no-contact temperatures of all guests arriving for their reservation. Unfortunately, we will not be able to accommodate any guest with a temperature over 100*F on two consecutive checks. We ask that you please take your temperature at home before arriving so that we do not have to turn you away – it really is the last thing we want to do.
- We have installed UV lights throughout the restaurant as an additional safety measure.
- The restaurant foyer will be available for only one party at a time. As you are arriving for your reservation, we ask that you practice social distancing outside. We have assisted in creating distance by leaving markers on the ground outside of the restaurant.
- Once you are seated and have placed your order, you may remove your mask. After all, you can’t really eat and drink with it on. We will provide a bag at the table for you to place your mask in.
- All seating options will meet social distancing guidelines and we will have both indoor and outdoor seating available.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for you in the foyer, at every dining table, in the restrooms, and throughout the restaurant.
- All menus will be single use only and we will dispose of them immediately once used. We can also provide you with an online menu that you can view on your phone as an alternative.
- We ask that you pay with a credit card or debit card and payment will be taken tableside with wireless credit card readers.
Our entire team has also made a commitment to you and each other to ensure the cleanliness and sanitation of our restaurant. Below are a few examples of the commitment we are making so that you feel safe and comfortable while dining with us:
- Our team will pass a health check each shift and have their temperature taken prior to entering the building.
- Hand sanitizer and hand washing stations will be available to all employees. Our staff will be required to wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer every 30 minutes at a minimum.
- We will refrain from handshakes, high fives, and unfortunately… hugs. We will be practicing smiling with our eyes and new gestures of gratitude.
- All employees will wear face masks for the duration of their shift. Disposable gloves will be worn for specific tasks and will be changed regularly.
- We will clean and sanitize common areas and surfaces regularly and systematically with a clean disposable towel.
- We will clean and sanitize all dining tables and chairs after every use with a single use sanitizer towel.